Work Social
My job had a social today at a local bar and I thought it'd be a great opportunity to meet people. Not being one for the bar scene I was a bit uneasy of how this event could go. I've been to random events with strangers before and it wasn't a big deal because if things went bad or super awkward, no big deal you'll never see them again, but a work social carried some risk for awkwardness which one could relive everyday at work. Although the risk was great with my lack of the social etiquette on the bar scene I decided to go for it. A good amount brought their significant others, which at first was...just different, since they kinda have a safety to go to if there is no one to talk with. However the work social wasn't too bad. It gave me a great opportunity to put myself out there to get to know people better instead of just focusing on the work at hand. Although there were some awkward times when I feared I was clinging to one person too much, I made the conscious effort to move around and talk to people. In the end I think sucking up my fears and going for it was a blessing and a good step in the right direction to get to know my colleagues at work.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home