Conference
So a next step in this effort to meet people with hopes of making friends, I was invited to a Medical Conference, which sounded interesting since there would be people there my age and I could learn about healthcare. I was expecting a mix of nursing, medical students with nurses and docs and dentists spread abroad...a good potential for great convo. When I arrive, however, I find that all is not as it seems. The conference was mostly geared towards medical students which I am not. Also the people I came with were in a different room and my roommates were nice, but older residents/attendings. Although the weekend wasn't as anticipated as I was hoping to find other medical professionals in the same awkwardly new predicament I was in, I still managed to have some great conversation. Joining a group from each school for a meal was fun and as my mom reminded the situation could be what I make of it. At first I made of it an unfortunate event leading to another path of random encounters with people that would lead to no potential friendship, but as I heard to amazing stories of these physicians and healthcare providers helping people in such dire conditions God helped me to be able to step outside my little bubble and focus on what I can do rather than what can be done for me. I guess when you stay to yourself to long, you is all that seems to be occupying your mind. Although I didn't make any lifelong friends at the conference it helped me step outside my routine, put me outside my comfort zone and God enabled me to see something far greater than my problems and the privilege to realize I could help.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home